CVI Program Unit(s):
Cardiovascular Development / Congenital Heart Disease
CVI Research Description:
I have been studying cerebral blood flows in infants with CHD before heart surgery. I am interested in how altered blood flow patterns relate to documented structural abnormalities of the brain.
Dr. Licht is a pediatric neurologist who is interested in implementing innovative, non-invasive neuro-imaging techniques for clinical use. Current research involves the study of the influence of congenital heart defects on fetal brain development.
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (2013– present)
- Associate Professor of Neurology at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2013– present)
- Assistant Professor of Neurology at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2004 – 2013)
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (2004 – 2013)
- MD, Medicine, New Jersey Medical School - UMDNJ (1997)
- BA, Biochemistry, New York University (1984)
- Jain Varsha, Buckley Erin M, Licht Daniel J, Lynch Jennifer M, Schwab Peter J, Naim Maryam Y, Lavin Natasha A, Nicolson Susan C, Montenegro Lisa M, Yodh Arjun G, Wehrli Felix W. Cerebral oxygen metabolism in neonates with congenital heart disease quantified by MRI and optics.. Journal of cerebral blood flow and metabolism : official journal of the International Society of Cerebral Blood Flow and Metabolism. 2013 Dec.
- Beslow Lauren A, Ichord Rebecca N, Gindville Melissa C, Kleinman Jonathan T, Engelmann Kyle, Bastian Rachel A, Licht Daniel J, Smith Sabrina E, Hillis Argye E, Jordan Lori C. Pediatric Intracerebral Hemorrhage Score: A Simple Grading Scale for Intracerebral Hemorrhage in Children.. Stroke; a journal of cerebral circulation. Vol 45(1) . 2013 Nov:66-70.
- Lin Kimberly Y, Kerur Basavaraj, Witmer Char M, Beslow Lauren A, Licht Daniel J, Ichord Rebecca N, Kaufman Beth D. Thrombotic events in critically ill children with myocarditis.. Cardiology in the young. 2013 Sep:1-8.
- Jalali Ali, Licht Daniel J, Nataraj C. Discovering hidden relationships in physiological signals for prediction of Periventricular Leukomalacia.. Conference proceedings : ... Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. Conference. Vol 2013. 2013 Jul:7080-3.
- Goff Donna A, Shera David M, Tang Stephen, Lavin Natasha A, Durning Susan M, Nicolson Susan C, Montenegro Lisa M, Rome Jonathan J, Gaynor J William, Spray Thomas L, Vossough Arastoo, Licht Daniel J. Risk factors for preoperative periventricular leukomalacia in term neonates with hypoplastic left heart syndrome are patient related.. The Journal of thoracic and cardiovascular surgery. 2013 Jul.
- Beslow Lauren A, Abend Nicholas S, Gindville Melissa C, Bastian Rachel A, Licht Daniel J, Smith Sabrina E, Hillis Argye E, Ichord Rebecca N, Jordan Lori C. Pediatric Intracerebral Hemorrhage: Acute Symptomatic Seizures and Epilepsy.. JAMA neurology. Vol 70(4) . 2013 Feb:1-7.
- Buckley Erin M, Naim Maryam Y, Lynch Jennifer M, Goff Donna A, Schwab Peter J, Diaz Laura K, Nicolson Susan C, Montenegro Lisa M, Lavin Natasha A, Durduran Turgut, Spray Thomas L, Gaynor J William, Putt Mary E, Yodh A G, Fogel Mark A, Licht Daniel J. Sodium bicarbonate causes dose-dependent increases in cerebral blood flow in infants and children with single-ventricle physiology.. Pediatric research. Vol 73(5) . 2013 Feb:668-73.
- Vossough Arastoo, Limperopoulos Catherine, Putt Mary E, du Plessis Adre J, Schwab Peter J, Wu Jue, Gee James C, Licht Daniel J. Development and Validation of a Semiquantitative Brain Maturation Score on Fetal MR Images: Initial Results.. Radiology. Vol 268(1) . 2013 Feb:200-7.