- Centers and Programs:
Clinical and Translational Research Center (CTRC)
hypoglycemia, glycogenoses, fatty acid oxidation disorders, diabetes mellitus
Dr. Stanley conducts research on the disorders of carbohydrate metabolism in children, particularly metabolic and endocrine disorders that cause hypoglycemia, such as genetic forms of congenital hyperinsulinism.
genetic disorders of carbohydrate and fatty acid metabolism, insulin secretion
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (1976 – 1982)
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (1982 – 1989)
- Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (1989 – 2011)
- Emeritus Professor CE of Pediatrics at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (2011– present)
- M.D., Medicine, University of Virginia School of Medicine (1970)
- B.A., Biochemical Sciences, Harvard University (1964)
- Misfeldt AA, Freeze HH, Morava E, Ficicioglu C, Stanley CA. Hypoglycemia and Increased Insulin Secretion in a New Form of Glycogen Storage Disease Due to Phosphoglucomutase-1 Deficiency. Platform presentation. Pediatric Academic Society/Pediatric Endocrinology Society Meeting. Washington, DC. 2013 May.
- Faletra F, Snider K, Shyng SL, Bruno I, Athanasakis E, Gasparini P, Dionisi-Vici, Ventura A, Zhou Q, Stanley CA, Burlina A. Co-inheritance of two ABCC8 mutations causing an unresponsive congenital hyperinsulinism: Clinical and functional characterization of two novel ABCC8 mutations.. Gene. Vol 516(1) . 2013 Mar:122-5.
- Huang T, Kelly A, Becker SA, Cohen MS, Stanley CA. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in neonates with congenital hyperinsulinism. Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed.. 2013 Feb.
- Li C, Liu C, Nissim I, Chen J, Chen P, Doliba N, Zhang T, Nissim I, Daikhin Y, Stokes D, Yudkoff M, Bennett MJ, Stanley CA, Matschinsky FM, Naji A. Regulation of Glucagon Secretion in Normal and Diabetic Human Islets by Gamma-Hydroxybutyrate and Glycine.. J Biol Chem. Vol 288(6) . 2013 Feb:3938-51.
- Snider K E, Becker S, Boyajian L, Shyng S-L, Macmullen C, Hughes N, Ganapathy K, Bhatti T, Stanley C A, Ganguly A. Genotype and Phenotype Correlations in 417 Children With Congenital Hyperinsulinism.. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. Vol 98(2) . 2013 Feb:E355-63.
- Blomberg BA, Moghbel MC, Saboury B, Stanley CA, Alavi A.. The value of radiologic interventions and (18)F-DOPA PET in diagnosing and localizing focal congenital hyperinsulinism: systematic review and meta-analysis.. Mol Imaging Biol. Vol 15(1) . 2013 Feb:97-105.
- Laje P, States LJ, Becker SA, Palladino AA, Stanley CA, Adzick NS. Accuracy of PET/CT Scan in the diagnosis of the focal form of congenital hyperinsulinism. J Pediatr Surg. Vol 48(2) . 2013 Feb:388-93.