Division of Metabolism(Biochemical Genetics) The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia 3501 Civic center blvd #9054.
215 590 3376
Dr. Ficicioglu is developing algorithms for the effective short and long-term care of patients detected by newborn screening, and new drugs to treat lysosomal storage disorders.
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2011– present)
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2002 – 2011)
- PhD, Histology & Embryology, University of Marmara (1996)
- MD, University of Istanbul, Cerrahpasa Medical School ( with High Honors) (1985)
- Chadwick S, Fitzgerald K, Weiss B, Ficicioglu C. Thirteen patients with MAT1A mutations detected through newborn screening: 13 years experience. JIMD report. 2014.
- Coughlin CR, Hyland K,Randall R,Ficicioglu C. Dihydropteridine reductase deficiency and treatment with tetrahydrobiopterin: A case report.. JIMD reports. 2013.
- Ficicioglu C, Dubroff JG, Thomas N , Gallagher PR, Burfield J, Hussa C. Randall R. Zhuang H. A pilot study of fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography findings in patients with phenylketonuria before and during sapropterin supplementation. Journal of Clinical Neurology. 2013.
- Hazard FK, Ficicioglu CH, Ganesh J, Ruchelli ED.. Liver pathology in infantile mitochondrial DNA depletion syndrome. Pediatr Dev Pathol. 2013.