Department of Pathology, 5NW11 The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia 34th Street and Civic Center Blvd
Pediatric surgical pathology
Pediatric soft tissue tumors
Pathology of neuroblastoma
- Associate Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2011– present)
- Assistant Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2002 – 2011)
- MD, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, New Jersey Medical School (Newark) (1984)
- BA, Chemistry, University of Virginia, Charlottesville (1980)
- Morowitz MJ, Barr R, Wang Q, King R, Rhodin N, Pawel B, Zhao H, Erickson SA, Sheppard GS, Wang J, Maris JM, Shusterman S. Methionine aminopeptidase 2 inhibition is an effective treatment strategy for neuroblastoma in preclinical models. Clinical Cancer Research. Vol 11(7) . 2005 Apr:2680-5.
- Morotti RA, Legman MD, Kerkar N, Pawel BR, Sanger WG, Coffin CM. Pediatric inflammatory myofibroblastic tumor with late metastasis to the lung: case report and review of the literature. Pediatric & Developmental Pathology. Vol 8(2) . 2005 Mar-Apr:224-9.
- Zhang PJ, Pawel B, Pasha TL, Barr FG. D2-40 is a useful marker for subtyping rhabdomyosarcoma. Modern Pathology. Vol 18(Supplement 1) . 2005 January:23A.
- Lae M, Edgar M, Chuai S, Olshen AB, Pawel BR, Barr FG, Ladanyi M. Global gene expression profiling of alveolar and embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma. Modern Pathology. Vol 18(Supplement 1) . 2005 January:305A.
- Ernst LM, Sondheimer N, Deardorff MA, Pawel BR. The value of the metabolic autopsy in the pediatric hospital setting. Society for Pediatric Pathology Annual Meeting, San Antonio. 2005 February.
- Pawel BR, Cucchiaro G, Nance M. Familial esophageal leiomyomatosis: Correlation of pathology with anesthetic histaminoid reaction. Pediatric and Developmental Pathology, presented at the Society for Pediatric Pathology/Pediatric Pathology Society Joint Meeting, Tours, France, September 2005. Vol 9(5) . 2006 September/October:420.
- Mercado G, Barr F, Zhang P, Pawel BR. Identification of downstream targets of the PAX3-FKHR fusion oncoprotein that are differentially expressed between alveolar and embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma. AACR 96th Annual Meeting, Anaheim, CA. 2005 April.
- Pawel BR, Spencer K, Dormans J. Klippel-Trenaunay syndrome. Archives of Disease in Childhood. Vol 90(11) . 2005 Nov:1127.
- Kang T, Dormans J, Maris J, Carpentieri D, Pawel BR, Adamson PC. Congenital neuroblastoma arising in the deltoid muscle. Journal of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology. Vol 26(2) . 2004 Feb:101-3.