CVI Program Unit(s):
Cardiovascular Development / Congenital Heart Disease
Myocyte Biology / Heart Failure
Pulmonary Vascular Disease
CVI Research Description:
Pulmonary hypertension in children with hypoplastic and diseased lungs.
Heart rate variability in congenital heart disease.
Dr. Hanna is interested in pulmonary hypertension in children with hypoplastic and diseased lungs, and heart rate variability in congenital heart disease.
- Clinical Professor of Pediatrics at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (2010– present)
- Clinical Associate Professor of Pediatrics at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (2003 – 2010)
- MDC.M, Medicine, McGill University (1983)
- Ph.D., Physiology, McGill University (1979)
- B.S., Physiology, University of British Columbia (1975)
- Morris, M.C., R.I. Godinez, J.D. Portnoy, J. Connelly, J.W. Gaynor, B.D. Hanna, M. Helfaer, R. Ittenbach, T.L. Spray, S.Tabbutt and G. Wernovsky. Risk factors for mortality in 137 Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Unit patients managed with ECMO. Critical Care Medicine. 2003 February.
- Silvestri J. M., B.D. Hanna, A. S. Volgman, P. J. Jones, S.D. Barnes and D.E. Weese-Mayer. Cardiac rhythm disturbances among children with idiopathic congenital central hypoventilation syndrome.. Pediatric Pulmonology. Vol 29. 2000:351-358.
- Hanna, B.D., M.N. Nelson, R.C. White-Traut, J.M. Silvestri, U. Vasan, P. Meleedy Rey, M.K. Patel and E. Comiskey. Heart rate variability in preterm brain-injured and very-low-birth-weight infants. Biology of the Neonate. Vol 77(3) . 2000:147-155.
- Hanna, B.D.. Oops- the balloon burst before the stent was deployed!. Pediatr. Cardiol.. Vol 19. 1998:66.
- Damenahalli,U., B.D. Hanna, Sharratt, G.P.. Pulmonary atresia with intact ventricular septum: management of coronary arterial anomalies.. Cardiology Young. Vol 7. 1997:80-87.
- Lloyd, R.J., R. Zinman, G.P. Sharratt and B.D. Hanna. Transvenous closure of patient ductus arteriosus in a sick 2780 g infant.. Canadian J. Cardiology. Vol 12(1) . 1996:300-302.
- Wirrell EC, Camfield PR, Gordon KE, Camfield CS, Dooley JM and B.D. Hanna. Will a critical level of hyperventilation-induced hypocapnia always induce an absence seizure.. Epilepsia. Vol 37(5) . 1996:459-462.
- Human, D.G., L. McIntyre, A. Gniewek, and B.D. Hanna. Technology assessment of non-surgical closure of patent ductus arteriosus: an evaluation of the clinical effectiveness and costs of a new medical device.. Pediatrics. Vol 96. 1995:703-706.
- Patton, D., B.D. Hanna. Postnatal maturation of baroreflex heart rate control in neonatal swine.. Can J Cardiol. Vol 10(2) . 1994:233-238.
- Gardin, L.L., B.D. Hanna. Ventricular tachycardia as a documented cause of death in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: Case report.. Can J Cardiol. Vol 10(5) . 1994:548-550.