3535 Market St. room 1585 483 Claire Fagin Hall
267 426 0692
- Affinity Groups:
Health and Behavior,Metabolism, Nutrition and Physical Development
- Centers and Programs:
Clinical and Translational Research Center (CTRC)
Dr. Medoff-Cooper's clinical research interests include neonatal intensive care, pediatric primary care and high risk follow-up programs.
high risk infancy, neurobehavioral development, sucking behaviors, temperament, infant feeding behaviors
- Professor of Nursing in Pediatrics at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (2008 – 2014)
- PhD, Educational Pyschology: Infant Development, Temple University (1984)
- MS, Nursing, University of Maryland (1972)
- BSN, Nursing, The College of New Jersey (1970)
- Zisk, Rachel Yaffa. Grey, Margaret. Medoff-Cooper, Barbara. MacLaren, Jill E. Kain, Zeev N.. The squeaky wheel gets the grease: parental pain management of children treated for bone fractures.. Pediatric Emergency Care. Vol 24(2) . 2008 Feb:89-96.
- Lorch, Scott A. Wade, Kelly C. Bakewell-Sachs, Susan. Medoff-Cooper, Barbara. Escobar, Gabriel J. Silber, Jeffrey H.. Racial differences in the use of respiratory medications in premature infants after discharge from the neonatal intensive care unit.. Journal of Pediatrics. Vol 151(6) . 2007 Dec:604-10, 610.e1.
- Zisk, Rachel Yaffa. Grey, Margaret. Medoff-Cooper, Barbara. Kain, Zeev N.. Accuracy of parental-global-impression of children's acute pain.. Pain Management Nursing. Vol 8(2) . 2007 Jun:72-6.
- Medoff-Cooper, Barbara. Tulman, Lorraine.. Using a focus group to determine car seat use among mothers of children aged 3 to 7 years.. MCN, American Journal of Maternal Child Nursing. Vol 32(3) . 2007 May-Jun:165-9.
- Medoff-Cooper, Barbara. Bakewell-Sachs, Susan. Buus-Frank, Madge E. Santa-Donato, Anne. Near-Term Infant Advisory Panel.. The AWHONN Near-Term Infant Initiative: a conceptual framework for optimizing health for near-term infants.. JOGNN - Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, & Neonatal Nursing. Vol 34(6) . 2005 Nov-Dec:666-71.
- Medoff-Cooper, Barbara. Ratcliffe, Sarah J.. Development of preterm infants: feeding behaviors and brazelton neonatal behavioral assessment scale at 40 and 44 weeks' postconceptional age.. Advances in Nursing Science. Vol 28(4) . 2005 Oct-Dec:356-63.
- Medoff-Cooper, Barbara.. Advancing nursing through mentoring.. Reflections on Nursing Leadership. Vol 29(2) . 2003:30-2.
- Hughes, Mary B. Shults, Justine. McGrath, Jacqueline. Medoff-Cooper, Barbara.. Temperament characteristics of premature infants in the first year of life.. Journal of Developmental & Behavioral Pediatrics. Vol 23(6) . 2002 Dec:430-5.
- Medoff-Cooper, Barbara. McGrath, Jacqueline M. Shults, Justine.. Feeding patterns of full-term and preterm infants at forty weeks postconceptional age.. Journal of Developmental & Behavioral Pediatrics. Vol 23(4) . 2002 Aug:231-6.
- Medoff-Cooper, B.. Multi-system approach to the assessment of successful feeding.[comment].. Acta Paediatrica. Vol 89(4) . 2000 Apr:393-4.