Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry 3440 Market Street, Suite 250
Deafness and Mental Health
Forensic Child Psychiatry
Abuse/Neglect & Post-Traumatic D/O's
Parental Decision Making on Behalf of their Deaf Child
Access to Healthcare for Deaf Adults
Translation of Internal Experiences
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (2003 – 2009)
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (1992 – 2003)
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at the Philadelphia Child Guidance Center (1992 – 2003)
- Associate Professor of Psychiatry at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2003 – 2006)
- Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (2013– present)
- M.D., Boston University School of Medicine Boston, MA (1982)
- B.A., Medical Sciences, Boston University, Boston, MA (1979)
- B.A., English, Boston University (1979)
- Steinberg, A., Iezzoni, L., Conill, A., Stineman, M. Reasonable Accommodations for Medical Faculty with Disabilities. Journal of the American Medical Association. Vol 288. 2003:3147-3154.
- Li, Y., Bain, L., Steinberg, A. Parental Decision Making in the Communication Modality for Children who are Deaf. Archives of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine. Vol 157. 2003:162-168.
- Steinberg, A., Bain, L., Delgado, G., Ruperto, V. Decisions Hispanic Families Make After the Diagnosis of Deafness. Journal of Deaf Studies and Deaf Education. Vol 8 (3). 2003:291- 314.
- Steinberg, A., Brooks, J. Remtulla, T.. Youth Hate Crimes: Identification, Prevention and Intervention. American Journal of Psychiatry. Vol 160. 2003:979-989.
- Beyer, M., Blair, G., Katz, S., Simkins, S. Steinberg, A.. How the Juvenile Justice System Fails Girls. Wisconsin Women?s Law Journal. Vol 18. 2003:51-75.
- Bain, L., Scott, S., Steinberg, A. Socialization Experiences and Coping Strategies of Adults Raised using Spoken Language. Journal of Deaf Studies and Deaf Education. Vol 9 (1). 2003:120-128.
- . Plain Language on the Internet:Helping Parents Make Decisions for their Children with Hearing Loss. American Public Health Association, San Francisco, CA. 2003.
- . Distilling to the Essence: Complex Language about Deafness in Plain Language. American Public Health Association, San Francisco, CA. 2003.
- . Translation of Diagnostic Measures for Individuals who are Deaf. American Public Health Association, San Francisco, CA. 2003.
- . Results of a Trial of the Diagnostic Interview Schedule- IV in American Sign Language for Individuals who are Deaf. American Public Health Association, San Francisco, CA. 2003.