Area of Expertise
The laboratory has expertise covering a wide range of applications of NMR including:
- Proton study of biological fluids such as urine, CSF, amniotic fluid, blood serum or plasma, tissue and cell extracts. These include identification and quantitation of the metabolites.
- Structure determination of small and medium-size molecules: peptides, small proteins, alkaloids, steroids.
- Phosphorus and carbon spectra of cell and tissue extracts (Red blood cells, liver, kidney, brain, etc), including identification and quantitation of the metabolites.
- Utilization of microcells for studies on limited quantities.
- 2D and 3D imaging (spin echo, gradient echo, fat suppression, magnetization
transfer, diffusion, etc.)