Protocols and Links
Software Protocols and Links
Additional Useful Links
Real Time PCR experimental design workflow (still under construction)
Primers or probes selection criteria:
- Avoid runs of an identical nucleotide. This is especially true for guanine (G), where runs of four or more Gs should be avoided.
- Design primers as close as possible to the probe without overlapping the probe.
- Keep the G - C content within 30-80%.
- Select primers with a Tm of 58-60oC.
- The five nucleotides at the 3’ end should have no more than two G and/or C bases.
For Gene Expression Experiments that has very little starting materials, potential solutions – “Nugen’s WT-Ovation RNA Amplification System”