Our SDS-7000 (the red machine in calendar), the basic day to day workhorse uses a filter wheel and a sophisticated multicomponenting algorithm to perform multi-color applications such as multiplexed quantification, single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) genotyping, and plus/minus assays with an internal positive control. The 7000 system is a Peltier-based, 96-well block thermal cycling system and uses a tungsten-halogen lamp for illumination.
Our SDS-7900HT (the blue machine in calendar) system, ABI's flagship high throughput Real-Time PCR machine, can operate 96-well, 384-well or the TaqManLow Density Array (Microfluidic card) formats. Combining the automation accessory with interchangeable 96-, 384-well and TaqMan Low Density Array blocks, the 7900HToffers unmatched flexibility for investigators who are interested in different levels of throughput. Sample tracking is greatly simplified with the use of hand-held and integrated bar code readers. The 7900HT uses a Peltier-based thermal cycling system and an extended-life 488 nm argon-ion laser excitation source. The 7900HT can perform PCR traditionally taking 1 hour and 30 minutes down to 40 minutes or less!! Inquire about the FAST PCR.
Our newest machine, SDS-7500 (the white machine on calendar) has everything our SDS-7000 has to offer plus the added optical capabilities to detect Cy 3™, Cy 5™ and Texas Red® dyes on top of the regular detectable fluorophores (FAM, SYBR, TAMRA, NED, JOE, VIC, and ROX).
- Two Applied Biosystems 3730, 48-capillary electrophoresis sequencers.
- Illumina MiSeq NGS instrument.
- Ion Torrent PGM NGS instrument.
- Four Applied Biosystems 7900, 384-well and low-density array (LDA)-capable four-color sequence detection systems, one with an automation controller for multiple unattended runs.
- Two Applied Biosystems 7500, 96-well four-color sequence detection systems, one with fast cycle capability.
- Affymetrix Genechip system with 3000 7G scanner, two hybridization ovens and four fluidics stations.
- Covaris sonicator for fragmentation of DNA prior to NGS library construction
- Agilent oven and hybridization cartridges.
- Agilent 2100 Bioanalyzer and Agilent 2200 TapeStation
- Qubit fluorometer
- Blue Pippin instrument for size selection of fragments and NGS libraries.