Sample processing (surface and intracellular staining), functional assays, analyses, and access to flow cytometry analyzers are also on a fee-for-service basis.
Flow cytometry based assays
Most common assays include immunophenotyping of human blood samples from clinical studies:
- Flow cytometric, single platform CD4 counts (CLIA and IQA certified)
- Custom multi-color immunophenotyping of leukocyte subpopulations :
- leukocyte subsets (T, B, NK cells, monocytes)
- T cells subsets (naive, memory)
- immunoregulatory cells (Tregs)
- NK cells: expression of inhibitory/activating NK receptors
- Circulating stem cells and progenitors
- Intracellular cytokine panels
- Custom panels of antibodies
The laboratory routinely performs full service testing on whole blood as well as fresh and cryopreserved PBMCs.
Functional flow cytometry and bead-based assays are also available upon request:
- Cell proliferation and viability
- Cell cycle
- Mitochondria membrane potential and generation of reactive oxygen species; mitochondrial mass
- Intracellular calcium assays by flow cytometry
- Protein phosphorylation using phospho-specific antibodies
- Cytometric Bead Array for TH1/TH2 Cytokines
- Cytometric Bead Array Flex Human or Mouse custom cytokine assays
- Other flow cytometry assays are available upon request
Flow cytometry training
Training on operating the analyzers existing in the facility and on multi-color flow cytometry is provided upon request.
Access to analyzers
Three analyzers are available in our facility and they may be operated by trained users:
- LSRFortessa (blue, red, yellow-green, violet and UV lasers; 18 color detectors).
- FACSCalibur (blue and red lasers; 4 color detectors)
- Accuri C6 (blue and red lasers; 4 color detectors)
The facility currently operates a MoFlo XDP cell sorter (Beckman-Coulter) encased in a Class II biosafety cabinet; cell sorting is performed only by the core staff.